Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend in review

So the weekend, it was VAN NUYS. Saturday... a little hungover... did some laundry and got me car washed for the first time!! I mean I'd washed it before but never by the car wash people, man I love my car again. Watched the last few episodes of The Staircase - you must watch it!!! Gripping stuff. Sat night went to the fancy launch for GOOD magazine at this really cool venue downtown. I wonder sometimes why party planners don't notice that the music is TOO LOUD in a vacant church hall and that might be the reason that 75% of the people were outside instead of inside!! Was a great night though, I love downtown L.A. Here is the church:


Then had a couple of drinks at Pete's - I love that place!


Oh and opposite the church is a small dive bar for... wait for it... gay mexican cowboys. Just picture Brokeback Mountain set in Mexico - so funny!
Sunday got up nice and early, a little hungover again, had a little production meeting for my short film. Then when to a fun little pool party up in the hills. Yes as you can see from the picture, I could definitely handle living in the Hollywood Hills.


Then Sunday night went to a secret film screening at Victor Savla's house. Too many weird moments to mention in a public blog, but ask me and I'll elaborate. Then... the icing on the cake... home to watch THE WIRE. Wow, looking back it was quite a good weekend... the jalapeno sandwichs were the highlight though.

Today has been fine, little work but good stuff all the same, Monday's always blow. The highlight was certainly when I saved the life of this little worm who was burning to death on the hot concrete. Go long and live a long life Mr. Worm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home